◆Nov. 2022 ~ Present, Scientist in Chemistry & Materials Science
Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
◆Mar. 2022 ~ Oct. 2022, Research Fellow in Chemical Engineering (PI: A/Prof. Dan Zhao)
Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
◆Aug. 2020 ~ Mar. 2022, Postdoctoral Researcher in Crystal Engineering (PI: Prof. Michael Zaworotko)
Dept. of Chemical Sciences, Bernal Institute, University of Limerick, Ireland
◆Sep. 2016 ~ Jun. 2020, PhD in Coordination Chemistry (Mentor: Prof. Michael Zaworotko)
Dept. of Chemical Sciences, Bernal Institute, University of Limerick
◆Sep. 2013 ~ Jun 2016, MS in Inorganic Chemistry (Mentor: Prof. Xiang-Jian Kong)
Dept. of Chemistry, college of Chemistry and Chemical engineering, Xiamen University
◆Sep. 2009 ~ Jun. 2013, BS in Chemistry
Dept. of Chemistry, college of Chemistry and environmental Science, Hebei University
RESEARCH FIELDS & SKILLS:
FIELDS: Coordination Chemistry; Solid-State Chemistry; Crystal Engineering; Metal-Organic Materials; Coordination Polymers; Coordination Networks; Metal-Organic Frameworks; Gas Storage and Separation, Water Harvesting.
SKILLS: SCXRD, PXRD, TGA, HPVA, DVS, NMR, SEM, OLEX2, Diamond, Mercury, VESTA.
SALMAs-Switching Adsorbent Layered Materials. Irish Research Council, Budget: €967,441.20, 2019.10-2023.09. (Role: Participator, PI: Prof. Michael Zaworotko)
◆Chinese Chemistry Society (CCS) ◆Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) ◆American Chemical Society (ACS)◆Institute of Chemistry of Ireland (ICI)◆European Crystallographic Association (ECA) ◆International Zeolite Association (IZA)◆The Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China (CIESC) ◆Singapore National Institute of Chemistry (SNIC) ◆Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S)
◆The European Crystallographic Association (ECA) “Young Scientist” Award, Jun. 2018, Salerno, Italy.
◆The International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) “Young Scientist” Award, Jun. 2019, Lecce, Italy.
◆The Irish 2019 Confucius Cup Chinese Chess Tournament “The First Prize”, Sep. 2019, Dublin, Ireland.
◆Bernal Research Day “The best illustration” Award, Dec. 2019, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
◆The Graduate School “PhD Scholars Bursary”, Jul. 2020, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
◆The British Association for Crystal Growth (BACG) “Crystals in Art” Second Prize, Sep. 2020, UK.
◆The 2020 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, Sep. 2021, Ireland.
◆NUS Intervarsity Mind Sports Championships 2022: Xiangqi (Chinese Chess), “Team silver award” Jun. 2022, Singapore.
TEACHING & RESEARCH ACTIVITIES:
◆Sep. 2014 ~ Feb. 2015 Teaching Assistant in Inorganic Chemistry, Xiamen University.
◆Oct. 2016 ~ Oct. 2019 Lab Demonstrator in General, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, University of Limerick.
◆Nov. 2018 ~ Dec. 2018 Research visit, Diamond Light Source, UK.
◆Apr. 2019 ~ May 2019 Research visit, Nankai University, China.
1. Shi-Qiang Wang, Hui Zhang, Xiang-Jiang Kong and La-Sheng Long. “The synthesis, structure and slow magnetic relaxation investigation of a new DyIII single-chain magnets”, the 9th National Symposium on Inorganic Chemistry, 25th-29th Jul. 2015, Nanchang, China. (Poster Presentation)
2. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Gate adsorption behavior of a 2D square lattice network”, Inorganic Ireland 2017, 16th May 2017, Dublin, Ireland (Poster Presentation)
3. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “High performance separation of C8 aromatics by a switching adsorbent layered material”, the 2nd Meeting on Porous Molecular Solids, 6th-8th Jun. 2018, Salerno, Italy. (Honored with the European Crystallographic Association “Young Scientist” Award) (Poster + Oral Presentation)
4. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Reversible switching behaviour in a coordination network”, the 43rd International Conference on Coordination Chemistry, 30th July-4th Aug. 2018, Sendai, Japan. (Poster Presentation)
5. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switching Adsorbent Layered Materials”, the 14th International Symposium on Macrocyclic and Supramolecular Chemistry, 2nd-6th Jun. 2019, Lecce, Italy. (Honored with the International Union of Crystallography “Young Scientist” Award) (Poster Presentation)
6. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switching Adsorbent Layered Materials (SALMAs)”, the 71st Irish Universities Chemistry Research Colloquium, 20th-21st Jun. 2019, Dublin, Ireland. (Poster Presentation)
7. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “SQ’s sql Nets”, Bernal Research Day, 5th Dec. 2019, Limerick, Ireland. (Poster + Oral Presentation)
8. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switchable square lattice (sql) coordination networks”, Coordination and Organometallic Discussion Group Christmas meeting 2019, 16-17th Dec. 2019, Dublin, Ireland. (Poster + Oral Presentation)
9. Shi-Qiang Wang and Michael Zaworotko. “Switching square lattice coordination networks”, MOFs for energy and the environment Faraday Discussion, 23-25th Jun. 2021, Virtual Conference. (Poster Presentation)
10. Shi-Qiang Wang, Dan Zhao, and Michael Zaworotko. “Rigid vs. Flexible Metal-Organic Frameworks”, 8th International Conference on Metal-Organic Frameworks and Open Framework Compounds, 4-7th Sept. 2022, Dresden, Germany. (Poster Presentation)
11. Shi-Qiang Wang. “Crystal Engineering of Square Lattice Coordination Networks for Storage and Separation of Gases, Vapors and Liquids”, 1st Global Youth Technology and Innovation Forum, 9-10th Dec. 2022, Online. (Invited Speaker)